McGregors Solicitors provides Police Station advice to clients facing road traffic prosecutions and representation before the Magistrates’ Court and the Crown Court.
We can provide representation either through the Legal Aid Scheme, subject to eligibility or on a private fee paying basis.
The loss of a driving licence can have a devastating effect upon an individual, their personal life, their employment, and have a consequential affect upon their business or the business in which they work.
It is vital to consider whether a road traffic prosecution has been correctly brought before the Courts and to assess all relevant lines of defence.
It is also relevant to recognise that many road traffic offences are viewed as serious and can result in a sentence of imprisonment being imposed upon conviction.
We advise on the full range of offences from Speeding to Death by Dangerous Driving.
Motoring Offences – Our Costs
We appreciate that criminal proceedings for a motoring offence are very worrying. We at McGregors are committed to assisting you through the whole process with as little stress as possible.
You may be eligible for Legal Aid funding. An initial assessment would be carried out by us to establish this. If you do qualify for Legal Aid there will be no charge for us to cover the work on our behalf. However, if you do not qualify for Legal Aid, then we can be engaged on a private client basis. We illustrate our likely fees for representation in motoring offences in the table set out below.
Please note the fees are a guide, and we shall quote on individual basis dependant on circumstances.
Our fees, as set out below include the following:-
- Taking your instructions, advising on Court procedure;
- Consideration of initial disclosure and any other evidence and preparation for the case;
- Advice on likely sentencing options available to the Court;
- Attendance and representation at a single Court hearing.
Our fees do not include:-
- Instruction of any expert witness;
- Taking statements from witnesses;
- Advice and assistance in relation to a Special Reasons hearing;
- Advice or assistance in relation to any appeal guilty plea.
If any of the above is necessary, then we shall quote on an individual basis.
- Advice and consultation – £250 plus VAT;
- Guilty plea – Single Hearing – £350 plus VAT and disbursements;
- Guilty plea – Two Hearings – £550 plus VAT and disbursements;
- Not Guilty plea – Trial – at fee earner’s hourly rate (£177 per hour – £210 per hour) plus VAT and disbursements;
- Special Reasons Argument – £750 plus VAT and disbursements;
- Exceptional Hardship Hearing – £750 plus VAT and disbursements;
- Early revocation of driving disqualification – £750 plus VAT and disbursements;
- Application to re-open case – £500 plus VAT and disbursements;
- Abuse of process argument – £750 plus VAT and disbursements.
Other proceedings may include an Appeal to Crown Court and/or sentence and Judicial review which will be quote on an individual basis only.
Principal: J R McGregor Solicitor: Mark Holder Solicitor Advocate/HCA: Alison Downs Accredited Police Station Rep: Lisa Yates
AUTHORISED & REGULATED BY THE SOLICITORS REGULATION AUTHORITY
SRA Registration Number: 77695
VAT Number: 580 7045 41